(Image source from: Egg And Rocket Pizzas})
If you love pizza, try this amazingly healthy pizza with eggs, which does not fall under junk food category. Egg & rocket pizza falls more under English food as we use typical ingredients like rocket, Tortillas, and Parsley. Here we use seeded tortillas as pizza bases for a healthy meal. This baked recipe will help you boost protein intake.
Ingredients needed for egg and rocket pizzas
Seeded Wraps: 2
Olive oil: little for brushing
Roasted red pepper
Tomato puree: 2 tbsp
Chopped dill: 1tbsp
Chopped parsley: 2tbsp
Red onion: thinly slices ½ cup
Method of preparation of egg and rocket pizzas
• Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
• Place tortillas on two baking sheets.
• Brush with the oil lightly and then bake for 3 mins.
• Now chop the pepper and tomatoes, mix with the tomato puree, seasoning and herbs.
• Turn over the tortillas.
• Spread the tomato mixture.
• Leave the centre free.
• Break an egg into the middle part.
• Again place in the oven for minimum 10 minutes.
• Let egg get set and tortilla turn crisp round the edges.
• Scatter the top with onions and rocket.
Rocket is a very 'English' leaf with strong and peppery flavor and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times.
Tortilla is a kind of omelette in Spain. Ingredients added include sliced cooked potato and onion. But here in this recipe, we are referring to a tortilla, over in Mexico, which is a kind of flat unleavened bread.
Parsley is a ubiquitous herb in British cookery, which is also popular in European and Middle Eastern food.